Air Conditioning Repair FAQs in Tampa Bay, FL
Your A/C unit is on the fritz, but you think it’s too new for a replacement. How do you know what’s wrong? What do you do? Here, Air Rescue provides you with answers to some of the commonly asked questions we hear from our customers.
What’s wrong with my air conditioner?
Without a complete inspection by an A/C repair professional, it is impossible to know what exactly is wrong with your air conditioning unit. However, the expertly trained air conditioning repair professionals at Air Rescue have compiled a list of common issues and the most likely culprits.
- Your Home Never Gets Cool Enough: If the temperature on your thermostat doesn’t match the temperature inside your home, the problem with your air conditioner could be low refrigerant, a dirty filter, or individual component failure.
- Your A/C Kicks On and Off Constantly: Intermittent function is normal for most air conditioning units. Too-frequent on-off cycling is a different story. If your air conditioner runs continuously, a major malfunction could be just around the corner, and you should call a professional A/C repair service like Air Rescue immediately.
Your A/C makes weird noises: An air conditioner can make any number of noises that can indicate trouble on the horizon. For example, leaves or loose wires could get caught in the fan blades, which typically cause a buzzing noise. If you hear something rattling around inside the unit, a vital component may have come loose, which is a sign your unit is deteriorating and should be replaced. A squealing sound is a typical sign of a fan or blower motor going bad. If it’s extremely loud, you could have a refrigerant leak, which means you should shut off your unit immediately and call Air Rescue.
What should I do if my A/C is not working?
As a homeowner, you probably take enormous pride in performing various home repair and maintenance tasks yourself. A/C repair, however, is a complex and potentially dangerous job that is best left to professionals like Air Rescue. Professional air conditioner repair is well worth the expense because:
- There’s No Chance of Injury to You or Your Family: If you aren’t the one fixing the A/C unit, you won’t have to deal with any of the potential hazards. By allowing licensed, bonded technicians like the professionals at Air Rescue to handle it, you prevent injury to yourself and damage to your home.
- The Chance of a Future Malfunction is Reduced: An installation or A/C repair professional can ensure that all the refrigerant lines and electrical connections are sound and that the entire system is up to factory specifications before you turn your unit back on.
- You Enjoy Better Energy Efficiency: From installation day to periodic repairs and maintenance, Air Rescue’s Tampa, FL, HVAC professionals can make sure your A/C unit operates as efficiently as possible from day one.
My A/C unit is running, but it’s not blowing cool air. What’s the deal?
This type of situation usually boils down to an A/C fan not working, which can be caused by any number of things, including:
- A Bad Capacitor: Your fan is not receiving the energy it needs to operate properly
- A Worn-Out Contactor Switch: Can result in both the compressor and condenser fan malfunctioning
- A Fan Motor That Has Burnt Out: Happens frequently to overworked A/C units or those not properly maintained
- A Belt That Has Come Loose or Broken: Typical with older A/C units; newer ones don’t have that problem
- An Electrical Power Issue: Parts of your A/C may be overheating or tripping your home circuit breaker
As you can see, your A/C fan not working can be from any number of causes, but they all have one thing in common: They should be diagnosed by a licensed A/C repair professional, like those at Air Rescue in Tampa Bay, FL.
What should I do if my A/C breaks down in the middle of the night?
The midst of a blazing hot Tampa Bay, FL, summer is no time to discover that your A/C unit isn’t up to the job of cooling your home. Finding that out during the dead of night or wee hours of the morning is even worse. Air Rescue understands that waiting until morning to get your air conditioner back up and running simply isn’t an option. That’s why we offer a 24-hour emergency response at no extra charge. Call us anytime—and we do mean any time!
What should I do if Air Rescue fixed my A/C a few months ago but it malfunctioned again?
When you work with Air Rescue, you’re working with a group of A/C repair technicians who are expertly trained and industry certified. We are so confident in our ability to solve your A/C repair problem, we carry a risk-free guarantee: If your A/C breaks down within 12 months of our fixing it, we will come back and fix it again, free of charge! Call today in Tampa, FL, to obtain a quote for an installation, a repair, or a system tune-up.
What Sets Us Apart
- In Business for Over 70 Years!
- Worry-Free Maintenance with a Club Membership
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Competitive Pricing
- No Surprise Guarantee—What We Quote Is What You Pay!
- Total Comfort Guarantee
- Highly-Trained Experts in Energy Efficient Solutions