Air Duct Repair and Replacement in Tampa Bay
Most of the time, your home’s ductwork is out of sight and out of mind. When you or your children suddenly start experiencing allergies or breathing problems or your utility bills are gradually rising, that’s when your ductwork should move up to top-of-mind awareness. Whether you need a routine cleaning, or more complicated air duct repair or replacement, Air Rescue will be there for you. Call today in Tampa Bay, FL.
Why should I care if my air ducts leak a little? I feel fine, and my A/C works fine.
Many factors can cause leaks in your ducts, such as poor initial installation, pest infestations, and natural wear and tear on the joints and connective materials. These leaks are cause for concern because they can affect your comfort at home and raise the cost of running your air conditioner and furnace.
In 70 years Air Rescue has been in the HVAC business, we’ve found that leaky ductwork causes three significant problems:
- Higher utility bills: When any portion of the heated or cooled air produced by your HVAC system escapes into the empty spaces of your home through leaks in your ductwork, you’re basically throwing money out the window.
- Excess strain on your HVAC system: When you have one or more leaks in your ducts, your air conditioning and heating devices will run longer and work harder to heat or cool your home. This increases the risk of a breakdown or complete appliance failure happening sooner than it should.
- Increased exposure to airborne contaminants: Leaks in your ducts don’t just let heated or cooled air out; they pull outside air in, along with all the dirt, dust, mites, and other things you don’t want to breathe. Your home’s indoor air quality suffers, which can make your family suffer—plus it can cause your furnace filter to clog more quickly, putting more strain on your HVAC system
Should I get my ductwork cleaned, repaired, or replaced?
Only a thorough examination of your home’s ductwork by an Air Rescue HVAC professional can determine the best course of action for your family, their health, and your budget. You’ll be glad to know that many air quality problems can be addressed with a simple air duct cleaning. This process removes dirt, dust, mold, pet hair, and other materials that can build up within your air ducts, which can cause health problems for you and your family and keep your heating and cooling system from performing at peak efficiency.
If upon further inspection Air Rescue’s HVAC team finds significant damage or mold growth in your ductwork, you should seriously consider a total replacement of the problematic ducts. Any ducts that have collapsed should also be replaced to restore proper airflow to your HVAC system. If your duct system was poorly designed or installed, this could also stress your HVAC system and should be replaced with ductwork that will better support your heating and cooling needs.
How much does duct replacement cost?
Like any other complex HVAC repair, the cost of a complete duct replacement depends on factors such as the size of your home, the extent of any damage present, whether any of your existing ductwork is salvageable, and whether we must make any drastic design alterations to be in compliance with state and local building codes. When you call Air Rescue in Tampa Bay, FL, for a quote, you’ll get a guarantee of the competitive price in town and no surprises after the fact. What we quote is what you’ll pay!
How long does duct repair or replacement take?
The average duct repair job usually takes less than one day. A complete duct replacement can take up to two days, depending on the size and scope of the job, the extent of the work required, and how old the existing ductwork is.
What can necessitate an emergency duct repair?
In our experience, emergency duct repair isn’t needed as often as emergency A/C or furnace repair. Nevertheless, if one of your ducts should collapse or develop a large and noticeable leak, please don’t hesitate to contact Air Rescue. We offer 24-hour response to any HVAC emergency with no extra surcharges.
What Sets Us Apart
- In Business for Over 70 Years!
- Worry-Free Maintenance with a Club Membership
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Competitive Pricing
- No Surprise Guarantee—What We Quote Is What You Pay!
- Total Comfort Guarantee
- Highly-Trained Experts in Energy Efficient Solutions