High-Efficiency Air Conditioning Systems in Tampa
These days, it’s not enough for an air conditioner to provide adequate cooling—it must do so as efficiently as possible. Installing a high-efficiency air conditioning system in your home can drastically reduce your cooling expenses and your home’s impact on the environment. For help finding a system that suits your home and your budget, turn to the Tampa air conditioner installation experts at Air Rescue. We’ll gladly use our expertise to help you select and install an air conditioner that performs effectively and efficiently.
What to Look for in an AC Unit
There are many different kinds of air conditioners available. When selecting a unit for your home, it’s a good idea to get an expert’s opinion and pay attention to the following factors.
- High SEER Rating: The seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) rating refers to an AC unit’s ratio of energy consumption to its cooling output. The higher the SEER number, the more efficient a particular unit is. The minimum mandated SEER rating is 13, though modern units go much higher.
- Energy Star Logo: If energy efficiency is a major requirement for your new air conditioner, be sure to look for the blue Energy Star logo. Energy Star-qualified units are at least 15% more efficient than conventional models.
- Proper Unit Size: To achieve peak efficiency, you must choose a unit that is the proper size for your household. If you choose a unit that’s too small, it won’t provide sufficient cooling; if it’s too large, you’ll likely waste energy.
Other Ways to Boost AC Efficiency
The best way to reduce your energy costs is to think of your whole home as a cooling system. Here are just a few home improvements that will help your cooling system operate as efficiently as possible.
- Repair Ductwork: Your ductwork is responsible for delivering cool air throughout your home. If the ductwork in your garage or crawlspace has a leak, you could be losing valuable cool air.
- Seal Doors and Windows: The more air that escapes your home, the harder your AC unit will have to work to maintain a constant temperature. Weatherstripping your doors and windows is a great way to seal your home and boost its energy efficiency.
- Install Additional Insulation: Insulation is great for preventing warm air from infiltrating your home. It’s especially important to make sure the attic is properly insulated.
High-Efficiency AC in Tampa and Largo, FL Can Take You a Long Way
Turn the air conditioning on, and your home stays cool. Every second it is running adds more to your energy bills, but an efficient system installed by an air conditioning contractor can save on costs. If your AC system is outdated or showing signs of its age, consult with your local HVAC company to learn how an energy efficient system in Largo, FL can benefit you.
Benefits of Efficient HVAC Systems
A broken AC is a drain on resources, even if you can turn it on. Eventually, AC repair will become expensive and, even if you’ve done frequent HVAC maintenance, a replacement will eventually be needed.
The benefits of today’s modern, efficient ACs include:
- Reduced Energy Bills: An inefficient system adds to energy costs; since half of the about $2,000 an average American household spends each year is on running HVAC system, a high-efficiency one can make a difference. Plus, older systems add to the cost of parts, repairs, and unreliability in Tampa, FL. In addition to monthly savings, tax rebates may provide additional savings, depending on where you live.
- More Control: New AC systems can include features such as temperature control and programmable thermostats. These manage usage and, therefore, cooling costs in Largo, FL. Not only can you set when the system runs, smartphone apps are available that let you turn it on and off, even if you’re not home.
- Reduced Carbon Output: Your air conditioning company will help you stay cooler and reduce the impact on the environment. Older ACs are notorious for releasing greenhouse gases. Energy efficient units can help curb global warming.
- Less Noise: By integrating an energy-efficient system, there is less noise inside the home. Modern systems installed by an HVAC company in Tampa can be selected based on your home’s layout, so air quality, airflow, and noise level can be managed to make the indoor environment comfortable.
- Longer Lasting: With proper HVAC maintenances, the system can last longer than previous models. New ACs are also designed to last. They cycle on and off less frequently, and their parts don’t wear out as easily. Component and system replacements aren’t needed as often, which also saves you in the long run.
Maintenance and Repair Services by a Tampa HVAC Company
Maintenance is the key to having a long-lasting, high-efficiency AC system. The HVAC services of Air Rescue aren’t only offered to address changes in cooling performance and system function or when you hear unusual noises. Sure, we do offer superior repair services for air conditioning systems. However, it is important to maintain your system on a regular basis. Our Tampa and Largo technicians can change the filters, check the coolant, and inspect parts for any damage before the situation escalates.
Air Rescue of Tampa can ensure that your air conditioner performs efficiently. After the initial installation, we’ll be glad to provide regular AC maintenance.